Note: All programs and timings are subject to change.
Thursday September 27, 2012 at Intiman Playhouse, Seattle Center
- 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM - Building Bridges Reception
6:30 PM - Introduction of WASITRAC
6:35 PM - Greetings from Congressman Jim McDermott
6:40 PM - Greetings from Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn
6:45 PM - Guest of Honor Consul General Ambassador N. Parthasarathi
6:55 PM - 7:45 PM Cultural programs presented by Vasu Sundarraj of Swaranjali, Odissi by Urvashi Dance Ensemble under the guidance of Dr. Ratna Roy, Bharata Natyam by Anwesha Das, a surprise presentation by a guest from Nepal, and a colorful presentation by Asian Pacific Cultural Center.
7:45 PM - Introduction of Building Bridges Honoree, Dr. Chandra Bhanu Satpathy.
7:50 PM - Chief Guest remarks by Lt. Governor Brad Owen
8:00 PM - The award ceremony.
8:10 PM - Noted Indian author, philosopher, spritual and humanitarian leader Dr. Chandra Bhanu Satpathy will give his acceptance speech.
8:30 PM - The Vote of Thanks
- Friday September 28, 2012 at Northwest Rooms (Registration is required)
8:15 AM - 5:30 PM Lopez Room
- Vibrant Gujarat and Assam
- 8:15 AM - 5:30 PM Fidalgo Room
Sai Movement Exhibits
7:30 AM - 8:00 AM
8:00 AM - 9:30 AM Olympic Room
Opening General Session
- Invocation by Dr. Chandra Bhanu Satpathy (Guru Ji)
- Welcome remarks by Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn
- Welcome remarks by Bellevue Mayor Conrad Lee
- Inaugural Keynote by Honorable Consul General of India, Ambassador N. Parthasarathi
- Special address by U.S. Rep. Jim McDermott, Founder and former chair of the India Caucus, US Congress
- Introductionof the leader of the Assam Delegation
- Introduction of the leader of the Vibrant Gujarat Delegation
- Closing Keynote Address by Lt. Governor Brad Owen
9:35 AM - 11:05 AM Olympic Room
Plenary Session I
- What are the next frontiers in Agriculture, Technology, Emerging Enterpreneurship and Innovative Opportunities for US and India companies and entities?
7. Prof. Resat Kasaba, Director, Henry Jackson School of International Studies
- 11:05 AM - 12:30 AM Olympic Room
- Plenary Session II
Globalization of US and Indian Companies; Its impact on Economic Development, Tourism, and Social Responsibility.
1. Diane Narasaki, Executive Director, ACRS
2. Kevin Clark, Chairman, Washington Tourism Alliance
3. David Blandford, VP, Seattle Tourism & Convention Bureau (to be confirmed)
4. Carla Murray, VP, Starwood Hotels and Resorts Wordwide
5. Professor Anand Yang, Director South Asia Center, Jackson School, University of Washington
6. Mr. H.S. Das, Principal Secretary, Finance & Tourism, Govt. of Assam
Moderator: Mr. Joe Diehl, Executive Director, Washington State Council for Affordable & Rural Housing.
12:30 PM - 1:00 PM Shaw Room
1:00 PM – 1:15 PM – Olympic Room
Presentation by the students of the Foster School of Business, UW on their latest study tour to India.
1:15 PM – 2:00 PM – Olympic Room
Team Odisha and Invest Bhubaneswar Presentation (TBD)
2:00 PM – 3:15 PM
Plenary Session III - Olympic Room
Economic Business Outlook; How India compares to China for Investment opportunities
1. Ravi Saxena, Addl. Chief Secretary (Science & Technology), State of Gujarat
2. Rogers weed, Director, Washington State Dept. of Commerce
3. William Glassford, Chairman, Trade Development Alliance of Greater Seattle
4. Diane Mooney, Director Exports Assistance Center
5. Tay Yoshitani, CEO, Port of Seattle
6. Albert Shen, President, Shen Consulting, Inc.
Moderator: Assunta Ng, Publisher, Northwest Asian Weekly
3:15 PM – 5:30 PM – Olympic Room
Special Session: Emerging Opportunities in India:
3:15 PM - 3:45 PM
PRESENTATION BY THE STATE OF ASSAM
3:45 PM - 5:30 PM
VIBRANT GUJARAT ROAD SHOW
5:30 PM – 7:00 PM – Shaw Room
7:00 PM - 9:15 PM - Olympic Room
Discourses by Dr. Chandra Bhanu Satpathy
Mystique India, Eastern Philosophy and Global Sai Movement;
Introduction to “Shri Guru Bhagavat” – Dr. Satpathy’s latest book on Guru-Shishya relationship, and Q&A.
Summit Venue Address:
Thursday September 27, 2012
Opening "Building Bridges" Reception begins at 5:30 PM; Program begins at 6:30 PM
Intiman Playhouse, Seattle Center
201 Mercer St
Seattle, WA 98109
Friday, September 28, 2012
Washington State Summit on US-India Trade & Commerce
7:30 AM - 9:30 PM
Northwest Rooms, Seattle Center
First Avenue North and Republican Street
North side of KeyArena
Seattle, WA 98109
Please contact us for more information.
Please stay tuned for more updates.